Hey there. Nothing much today. Just a heart full of gratitude for all the amazing support you have given me. This is my 16th article which means I am only 16 weeks old in the blogosphere because I blog weekly without fail. (It takes a lot by the way 😏). 5 days to Christmas and my friends, Twali and Lolyne decide to send gifts in advance to cement our newly forged friendships. A Huge present labelled ‘The Liebster Award’. Let’s unwrap this gift shall we?
Aim and Objectives of The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is a blogger award for new bloggers, those with few followers, who are still getting the hang of this dynamic industry. It is a fantastic way of giving exposure, recognition, and motivation to these talented newbies so as to keep their blogging fire blazing!
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Create a new blog with the graphical image of the Liebster Award as the one above.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you while also providing a link to their blog.
- Answer the Questions you had received from your Nominator(s).
- Nominate 10 bloggers and share your blog post with them so that they can accept their awards.
- Create a set of questions for your Nominees to Answer.
Let’s do it practically shall we?
Gratitude to My Nominators
Quite frankly, I had no idea what the Liebster Award was. I first saw it on Twali’s Blogpost after she had been nominated by an awesome Nigerian blogger named Cliquetalk. Let me introduce you to my nominator. Twali is a humble and free-spirited blogger from the Kenyan Coast. I remember thinking to myself:
‘Wow! I am in touch with a Kenyan celebrity whose name is not only known in the East African region, but goes as far as West Africa, even to Abuja and Lagos. I am on my road to fame!’ 😌
Excuse my gaiety but that’s how I reasoned. See her amazing work here. Guess what? She nominated me and now I know I am certainly destined for greatness. As if that’s not enough, another profound blogger, Lolyne followed to spice it up by nominating me yet again. Check her awesome work here. Two nominations in a row. Beyond any reasonable doubt, I am the Galaxy made up of beautiful stars such as these two ladies. My appreciation goes to Café avec Twali and Lolyne Ongeri for the wonderful consideration. Now let me combine and answer their questions with utmost brevity.
Question & Answer Segment
1.What inspired you to start blogging?
My blogging inspiration came from my great desire to live out my purpose, which essentially entails deriving joy, peace, and fulfillment in People’s Liberation from all sorts of bondages and God’s Glorification in the process of it all.
2. Have you at any point almost given up on blogging? If so, why?
I am sort of new in this industry and so I think I am not at a point of even contemplating the thought of throwing in the towel. I mean am what? 4 months old only! Talk about having the energy of a jubilant toddler who’s on a sugar rash frenzy.😋 I am all over the place, learning new things at the break of every dawn. So No. I have not felt like giving up on blogging.
3. When is the best time for you to blog?
Well, I am both a lark and an owl. Technically, I thrive whether its midday or midnight. Blogging excites me and so anytime is blogging time. In fact, blogging is a process that usually begins when I have my epiphany moments at any hour of the day. Which is why I keep my journal and quill pen next to me, (Yes, am that old school guy whose into antiques 👌), just in time to jot down awesome ideas.
4. What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
Quite a lot but for the purposes of this concise report, let’s say only that which matters. First, I enjoy unraveling the mysteries of God hidden in everything and everyone around me. Second, spending time with my loved ones because that is all that counts when all the pomp and splendor is gone. Lastly, I revel in technological comatose where I lose myself in computers. Simple Right? 🙂
5. What is your favorite quote that reminds you to never give up?
It’s actually not a quote but a Verse. It goes like this: “And I am sure of this, that God who began a good work in ME will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
6. What is your greatest blogging regret?
Honestly, I do not have any regrets for now. Maybe I will come back to this piece and update it later, which I highly doubt because life has no regrets but lessons. Crazy mentality, right?
7. Other than blogging, what do you do to get your creative juices flowing?
Learning. Ruminating. Inspiring. Programming. Poetry.
8. What is your greatest blogging inspiration?
The Belief That My Articles Can Cast a Bright Light on People’s Minds Even When Their Thoughts Seem Dark.
One Fact about Me
I am an Ambassador of Christ. Yeah, I live for Jesus, I am Unashamed! 💫
The Wonderful Bloggers as Nominated by Me Are:
- Munira’s Mind by Munira Hussein.
- Tuku Inword by Phil Tuku.
- Some Winds by Timothy Robert.
- When Grace Found Me by Grace Juliet.
- Mwihaki 1997 by Mwihaki Ng’ang’a.
- Ian Tells ‘Em by Ian Wainaina.
- Nilichoandika by Archie Okeyo.
- Double O’ News by Marcel.
- Bildad Young by Bildad
- MikeMuthaka by Michael Muthaka.
Questions to My Nominees:
- What Sparked You To Start Blogging?
- What Do You Intend To Achieve With Blogging?
- Why Do You Have an ‘On’ and ‘Off’ Blogging Pattern? What ticks you off at times?
- Aside From Blogging, What Other Things Are You Passionate About?
- What’s Your Vision 2018 Concerning Blogging?
I think I am done with this awesome interview where I was both the interviewer and the interviewee. Merry Christmas Good People. Remember, its Jesus’ birthday not yours, unless of course you were born on 25th December;). So eat, drink, and drive responsibly remembering that Christ is the Reason for the Season. Wait for your birthday come 2018! 😎